Thứ Hai, 18 tháng 2, 2013

Entry 1_ Lê Thị Thu Hà






ENTRY 1_ LÊ THỊ THU HÀ

ENTRY 1

Item 1: Poem

A Poem For Mom

 


   You are the sunlight in my day,
You are the moon I see far away.
You are the tree I lean upon,
You are the one that makes troubles be gone.
You are the one who taught me life,
How not to fight, and what is right.
You are the words inside my song,
You are my love, my life, my mom.
You are the one who cares for me,
You are the eyes that help me see.
You are the one who knows me best,
When it's time to have fun and time to rest.
You are the one who has helped me to dream,
You hear my heart and you hear my screams.
Afraid of life but looking for love,
I'm blessed for God sent you from above.
You are my friend, my heart, and my soul
You are the greatest friend I know.
You are the words inside my song,
You are my love, my life, my Mom.


Rhetorical devices
-                           Simile: you are…
Message: My mother is my everything.
Item two: Cartoon


-   Overstatement: The variety of diseases in the picture
-   Metonymy: +) Industrial zone and trade villages – the causes
                         +) Diseases – the effects
Message: People are suffering the consequences of the industrialized economies. More and more strange diseases are found because people are not conscious of environmental protection. “Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind”.





Item 3: Story
  


The mouse, the cat, and the rooster

 

A little mouse went into the yard, she walked around and then went back to her mother.
_"Oh, mother, I saw two animals .One fringhting, the other nice.''
_"Tell me what the animals were like" said the mother.
_" The frighting one was strutting about the yard" said the mouse. "He had black legs, a red comb, goggley eyes and a hooked nose. When I past , he opened his beak, raised his foot and began to shout so loudly that he scared me stiff"
_" That's the rooster", said the old mouse. "he never does anyone any harm. Don't be afraid of him. But what about the other animal?"
_" The other one was basking in the sun. He had white neck and smooth grey feet. He licked his white chest and waved his tail gently as he looked at me"
_"You are a silly thing!" said the mouse." that was the cat"



Rhetorical devices:
Metaphor:
      - Little mouse: person who is young or does not have much             experience 
           - Rooster: person who looks scare but good-natured and dose not hurt anyone.
          - Cat: Person who looks gentle but merciless, wicked

Message: Do not judge someone by his appearance.




Source:

4 nhận xét:

  1. Lovely poem you got there but in my opinion, there are still, at least one more Rhetorical devices that you have missed there That is the Terminal thyme , for example : day - away, upon - gone. That is the key factor when turning words in to poem. That is just my opinion, you have done good works there. Tks ^^

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. Hi Ha. Your poem is good, but i think there is still another rhetorical device beside Cuong's suggestion, for example :
    Repetition: "You are", "the", "my"

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. First, I really like your poem as it is so meaningful. And I think, the repetition of the phrase “you are…” contributes lots in the success of this poem as it shows us the importance of mother in our life. By the way, I think the message you should refer to the reader, not just yours. So I suggest the message should be like “Mother is your everything”. Moreover, there has the rhyme in the poem such as: dream – scream, above – soul, etc.

    Second, your cartoon is really fun. I think it’s not metonymies that are used, it should be metaphor. What I can read from the cartoon is the bad effect caused by the development of the new economy. So I quiet agree with the message you give.

    Finally is the story, I think the climax of the story is when the little mouse told her mother : “Oh, mother, I saw two animals .One fringhting, the other nice.''
    Anyway, you have done a good job :)

    Trả lờiXóa
  4. i love your poem, it is so meaningful. however, as your friend's comment above, it still lack of many rhetorical devices that you should add them in the next entry.
    about the picture: i think you should mention to the man who is holding hammer try to remove billboards but he seem powerless. and you can find a masage in this point.
    in tearm of the story: i quite agree with the rhetorical devices and the message you give

    Trả lờiXóa