Thứ Hai, 18 tháng 2, 2013

Entry 1_Luu Tuan Anh

Entry 1:picture.
                                                                               DYNAMO: SUPER STAR MAGICIAN


·         Rhetorical devices

  • Metaphor
Message: The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. So that do not care about any negative things that people out there saying about you, that you can not do it. Listen to your heart, follow your passion, and just do whatever you want. Just do it and don't care about anything else. Keep forcusing, motivating and being a top of the game.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152487726485713&set=a.10150241555145713.467224.53041065712&type=1&relevant_count=1





















     Rhetorical devices

  • Metaphor
Message: This picture really does say a thousand words. Remember everyone, never forget to always have faith in your dreams. NEVER give up because you never know just how close you are!

 
 Source: http://curezone.com/ig/i.asp?i=40276


    Rhetorical devices

  • Metaphor
 Message: Nothing to mention about this picture. It spoke to itself.


Entry 2:


If our love was a fairytale
I would charge in and rescue you
On a yacht baby we would sail
To an island where we’d say I do

And if we had babies they would look like you
It’d be so beautiful if that came true
You don’t even know how very special you are

You leave me breathless
You’re everything good in my life
You leave me breathless
I still can’t believe that you’re mine
You just walked out of one of my dreams
So beautiful you’re leaving me
Breathless

And if our love was a story book
We would meet on the very first page
The last chapter would be about
How I’m thankful for the life we’ve made

And if we had babies they would have your eyes
I would fall deeper watching you give life
You don’t even know how very special you are

You leave me breathless
You’re everything good in my life
You leave me breathless
I still can’t believe that you’re mine

You just walked out of one of my dreams
So beautiful you’re leaving me

You must have been sent from heaven to earth to change me
You’re like an angel
The thing that I feel is stronger than love believe me
You’re something special
I only hope that I’ll one day deserve what you give me
But all I can do is try
Every day of my life

You leave me breathless
You’re everything good in my life
You leave me breathless
I still can’t believe that you’re mine
You just walked out of one of my dreams
So beautiful you’re leaving me
Breathless
Breathless

Rhetorical devices
  • Metaphor:  If our love was a fairytal,  And if our love was a story book 
  • Repetition You leave me breathless
    You’re everything good in my life
    You leave me breathless
    I still can’t believe that you’re mine
    You just walked out of one of my dreams
    So beautiful you’re leaving me
    Breathless 
  • Overstatement: You must have been sent from heaven to earth to change me
    You’re like an angel 
Message: Love is the richest of all treasures. Without it there is nothing; and with it there is everything. Love never perishes , even if the bones of a lover are ground fine like powder. Just as the perfume of sandalwood does not leave it, even if it is completely ground up, similarly the basis of love is the soul, and it is indestructible and therefore eternal. Beauty can be destroyed , but not love. ♥
source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HbKnQxd0_E


 Entry 3: Story

Donkey In The Well Story (Life Parable)

“One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a Well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the donkey was old, and the Well, needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn’t worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone’s amazement he quieted down.
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey did something amazing. He shook it off and took a step up.
As the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

The rest of the story….

The donkey later came back, and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.
The moral of the story….
When you do something wrong, and try to cover your ass, it always comes back to bite you.”

Too funny and a rich story about life. Never quit, never surrender.

 

 

8 nhận xét:

  1. wonderful pictures you got there but in my opinion, i suggest you should fix those pictures in the right order so anyone can understand your entry easier. And Don't you think it is better to put an description under your last picture ? I assume that everyone could get the idea for their own but we'd love to see yours. These are just my opinions, you have done a good job. Tks ^^

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. The song you have in the second entry is one of my favorite! However, in my opinion, the rhetorical device used here is not metaphor. I think "If our love was a fairytale" and "if our love was a story book " sound more like simile. Furthermore, i think there is one more rhetorical device that you did not mention is rhyme such as "fairytale-sail" in the first paragraph and "life-mine" in the third ones, etc...

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. - You just need to add one cartoon in your entry. However, among those 4 pictures, I don’t think that the 1st one and the last one are suitable to be included in your entry. Remember that your task is just finding any cartoons or pictures that contain the message or at least you can read something from them. Do not add the picture and say “ Nothing to mention about this picture”. I see that you can know what rhetorical devices are used in those cartoons, however, you should make it clearer.

    - About the 2nd item, I don’t think that metaphor is used here. In my opinion, it should be simile. Moreover, the examples you give for repetition are not correct when you showing like this. Because there just has the repetition of the sentence “You leave me breathless”.

    - You haven’t given the rhetorical devices in your stories. Please add more :)

    Trả lờiXóa
  4. I really like the second and third pictures as well as the song. However the fact you add too many picture which makes me confusing which picture you are analyzing. In addition, try to find a story without given moral lesson. our duty is to analyse the story. :D
    that's all. :D

    Trả lờiXóa
  5. I like the picture in item 1. It is so meaningful. Sometimes we have troubles or difficulties, we should learn how to get over so that we can survival in life.

    Trả lờiXóa
  6. got all of your meaningfull ideas.....already!
    thank y very much....

    Trả lờiXóa